Re: [NTLK] BackTalk Issue

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 06:10:02 EST

From: "Humphreys, David" <david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com>
Subject: [NTLK] BackTalk Issue
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 13:47:36 -0700
--snip--
>Last night I started to beam to another Newton and when the routing
>slip came up I chose 'beam' instead of 'ObEx' as I was just talking
>to another Newt. Now when I beam, the darned thing gives me no option
>to change back to ObEx and goes straight to the Newton beam.

>I had to reset to get the option back.

Haven't seen that happen (using BackTalk since it came out) but just go
In/Out box -> "i" Beam Prefs -> when beaming "specify when"
instead of resetting

Perhaps if you have "receive beams automatically" enabled and it somehow
resets beaming to happen without confirmation, not allowing one to
choose BackTalk?

Also if using for Palm compatability (which I **shudder** do) read
names import.

--

Mark Rollins mark_at_mrollins.com www.mrollins.com