Re: [NTLK] Newt parts @ Sun Remarketing

From: Lou Forlini (lforlini_at_sspi-software.com)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 17:18:23 EST

At 8:45 AM +0100 3/2/02, Jon Glass wrote:
>I went with Sun once, avoiding Shreve, :-) and asked about the Portable
>StyleWriter, specifically if it would work with my Newton. They promised it
>would, and that I could exchange it if it didn't work. Well, it didn't work,
>and then they made me pay a 15% restocking fee, which they didn't tell me
>about, and wouldn't let me simply return it, but made me replace it with at
>SW II (or they wouldn't take back the Portable.) I thought they weren't
>exactly fair with me, having advised getting it, and not telling me about
>the restocking fee, ad even hinting that I would not have to pay anything.
>Oh, and I talked with the same salesperson, and he acted like he had never
>heard of me, even though it was only two or three days after the initial
>sale that I called him back... Granted. That was several years ago now
>('95?) but I've never touched them again after that.

Jon,

    Thanks for the feedback. I've purchased from Sun several times
over the years, but I've never had to deal with a salesman since my
orders have been limited to replacement parts, ordered online by part
number. There's no reason anyone should ever have to pay a
restocking fee if something doesn't work as promised.

    Regards,

    - Lou Forlini
      Software Engineer
      System Support Products, Inc.