Re: [NTLK] Newt parts @ Sun Remarketing

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 02:45:57 EST

on 3/2/02 5:36 AM, Lou Forlini at lforlini_at_sspi-software.com wrote:

> I've never heard anything bad about Sun Remarketing, other than
> the fact that their prices are often wacky. Perhaps you were
> thinking about Shreve, a place that one shouldn't touch with a pole
> of any length?

I went with Sun once, avoiding Shreve, :-) and asked about the Portable
StyleWriter, specifically if it would work with my Newton. They promised it
would, and that I could exchange it if it didn't work. Well, it didn't work,
and then they made me pay a 15% restocking fee, which they didn't tell me
about, and wouldn't let me simply return it, but made me replace it with at
SW II (or they wouldn't take back the Portable.) I thought they weren't
exactly fair with me, having advised getting it, and not telling me about
the restocking fee, ad even hinting that I would not have to pay anything.
Oh, and I talked with the same salesperson, and he acted like he had never
heard of me, even though it was only two or three days after the initial
sale that I called him back... Granted. That was several years ago now
('95?) but I've never touched them again after that.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland