Re: [NTLK] SOLD OUT of 32MB cards! Thanks!

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 01:01:58 EST

I had gotten one of the NorthStar 32mb cards from an
ebay auction.
I suspect that it is one of the same ones that John is
selling.
I've had mine for about a week now and I can't believe
I waited this long to get one. It really helps having
so much storage available! Mine is also named after
the person who used it with the NorthStar application,
so I have kept it named that...kinda gives the Newton
added personality...say hello to "Ashley Day".
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- John Goggan <jgoggan_at_dcg.com> wrote:

> good-dog_at_northshore.net wrote:
> >
> > What was the verdict on these cards? I wasn't
> able to stay current with
> > this topic. Are they good cards? Wasn't there
> some concern about them
> > being router cards?
>
> Actually, I think that discussion -- about the
> router cards -- was something
> else. At least, it started before I even had any to
> sell... :) In any case,
> the ones that I had are Pretec 32MB cards that have
> only been used in Newtons
> -- never routers or anything else of the sort.
>
> I had 30 of them and sold out. I'm going to try to
> get more (as I already
> have a list of people wanting them that didn't get
> in on the first 30). If
> I'm able to get more, I'll post to the list as soon
> as I know. I may know
> within a couple days -- but it would be at least 2
> weeks until I got them.
>
> - John...
>
> P.S. I've been using one of them in my Newton for a
> week or so now -- working
> great for me. About 30 others will have them soon
> and can give their opinions
> if they feel like it. :)

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -