Re: [NTLK] Oronico 802.11 cards?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 03:08:04 EST

on 03-03-2002 1:02, Benjamin Higginbotham at draco_at_silverdragonden.com
wrote:

> on my Airport network, what features can I expect? E-mail?
> Connectivity with my Mac? World domination?

All of the above of course, check out
http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2002-01/2109.html

The link to the driver is http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm

Your wireless wireless PC card should be a Lucent Technologies WaveLan
Silver Turbo 11MB. (only one reported to work so far) and Airport version
should be 1.2 and set to 'Computer to Computer' on channel 3

Only thing in the archive link that still doesn't make sense to me is the
TCP/IP settings since I don't have the first idea what to enter under the IP
numbers etc.
Can be that there's no way to directly go on the web, but success has been
reported with software like Vicomsoft's IP Net Router, which would mean that
you can do it as long as you use your desktop as a base station.

Robert Benschop