Re: [NTLK] Basilisk/File Types

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 07:25:58 EST

on 04-03-2002 12:58, speedy2 at speedy2_at_dag.net wrote:

> However, after NCU connects with
> the Newton, when I'm browsing the folder via NCU, it won't show any files,
> even if they have a .PKG extension. Suggestions?
>
> I also tried copying the file from the PC drive to my Desktop, but NCU
> still doesn't recognize the files.

Very strange, though I have no Basilisk experience, (PC's make me shudder,
must be some childhood trauma ;-) I just checked this on my Mac and no
sweat, even recognizes packages without an icon. (so which lack the
type/creator info)

So there would be three suggestions, reinstall NCU and make sure you have
all the necessary stuff, (though it seems that this was taken care of
already) drag and drop a .pkg on the NCU icon (thus forcing it to open with
NCU) and maybe still give PackType from Steve a shot.

Robert Benschop