Re: [NTLK] free newt paint

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 07:22:33 EST

If the problem is the COST of shareware, why not do what others have
done on this list for commercial products? Ask the developer or
responsible party to lower the price. Or, simply ask the developer if
they would consider a lower price because of your financial constraints.

I would think that this would be an honorable way to both use the
software in question and try to give something back to the developer,
while taking into question the relative worth of the dollar.

I am not sure that "income disparity" is the right argument, because
nothing is priced based upon what I earn ... rather, it is priced based
upon its cost to manufacture and its value.

Patrick

I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

A Message from Patrick Jendraszak