Re: [NTLK] What would it take to get a true 802.11 solution?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 10:33:34 EST

> Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:40:17 -0600
> Subject: [NTLK] What would it take to get a true 802.11 solution?
> From: Benjamin Higginbotham <draco_at_silverdragonden.com>
>
> It sounds like it is possible to get a Newton to talk to an Airport=20
> network, base station and all. It also sounds like one would be able to=20=
>
> transfer packages, check their e-mail, and maybe even surf the web.
>
> Would people be willing to buy such a thing? Am I going on a quest that=20=
>
> is just not worth it?

I would pay for a driver with the abilities described above. I have all the
hardware that is needed, and I did manage to connect the Newt to my iBook.
Trouble is, it does not do much. I can install smaller pks and use the
keyboard, that is about it. Very very limited, and it has to happen in OS9.
No way for im/export, backup, net.
I would love to use the Newt in the living-room to read Newtontalk, as even
the iBook can be too clunky just for reading, and I would love not having to
wire the Newt to the Mac each time I back it up.
I would happily cough up $25-30 for such a driver.

Oliver :)

--
Keep The Green!
http://www.unna.org/