[NTLK] Who has the best 2100s?

From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 11:31:36 EST

Well, sometime in the next week, I plan to finally buy a 2100. (Just
waiting for an eBay auction to close and the buyer to pay me.)

 From what I can tell, there are three main choices on ebay for cheap
2100s these days:

        Gem Electronics
        mr2ndhand
        Phillydiscounters/variety-shop

The question I have is who should I buy from?

 From the comments I've seen, Gem has the highest prices and also the
most draconian after-sale support.

Conversely, phillydiscounters has as good a package and auctions which
seem to go off at a lower price, but I haven't heard too many comments
about the condition of 2100s from them. Also, it seems like one would
need to purchase additional stuff such as the serial dongle seperately.

mr2ndhand has prices which are in the middle with little possibility of
being squeezed out. His packages do come with the connection cable, but
with only a 4mb card. (I don't really care about the modem as I already
have a couple.)

So, thoughts, advice? Who would you trust your money with?

One other question, phillydiscounters and Gem offer both upgraded 2000s
and 2100s with the 2000s having lower opening bids. Is there any reason
that I would *not* want a 2000U over a 2100, all else being equal?

Thanks...
<<<john>>>