Re: [NTLK] ethernet

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 15:27:36 EST

On 05/03/02 15:09, "Josh Ormsby" <ormsby_at_mpi.com> wrote:
[snip!]
> I would like to do a hard reset, and just put a few of the most
> important programs back on my Newton, but I don't have a recent backup.
> Maybe a soft reset with extensions off will help me connect.
[snip!]

I doubt that would do the trick. If you can't initiate a connection, I don't
think an extension is causing the problem. There is something with your
Ethernet setup, whether the card is bad, or maybe the cable. Have you tried
a different cable?

-Laurent.

farming n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] What the heads of a disk drive
are said to do when they plow little furrows in the magnetic media.
Associated with a crash. Typically used as follows: "Oh no, the machine has
just crashed; I hope the hard drive hasn't gone farming again." No longer
common; modern drives automatically park their heads in a safe zone on
power-down, so it takes a real mechanical problem to induce this.