[NTLK] making a Waba app.

From: Thomas Cherry (jceaser_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 07:54:41 EST

Hope no one things this letter is off topic, but I am trying to compile
a waba app for my newton. All seems to work fine, I can compile, run
warp, and then exegen to create a newton package, but when I run the app
on my newton, it says that it can not find the class WabaHelloWorld (the
name of my class that extends MainWindow). To test things, I tried to
run the applet viewer (java waba.applet.Applet WabaHelloWorld) but from
that I get the following stack trace:

      [java] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: WabaHelloWorld
      [java] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
      [java] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
      [java] at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
      [java] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:297)
      [java] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:253)
      [java] at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)
      [java] at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      [java] at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120)
      [java] at waba.applet.Applet.init(Applet.java:62)
      [java] at waba.applet.Applet.main(Applet.java:153)
      [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
      [java] at waba.applet.Applet.init(Applet.java:68)
      [java] at waba.applet.Applet.main(Applet.java:153)

Looks like the applet can not find my class. Has anyone come across
this before?

--
It is pointless to resist. - Darth Vader, Sith Lord