Re: [NTLK] Waba Tester !

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 09:30:48 EST

> Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 03:10:59 -0800 (PST)
> From: eric engle <engleerica_at_yahoo.com>
>
> A few days ago I asked whether it was possible to run
> java directly on the newt.
>
> In fact it is!
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/saweyer/newton/index.htm
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/saweyer/waba/dev/wabadev.htm#WabaTester
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/saweyer/waba/dev/wabanewton_usecreate.htm#Create
> NewtonN
>
> (make sure to paste the _entire link...)
>
> You need to have all the waba libraries - but on my
> 120 O.S. 2 it works! It really works! It lets you
> compile raw java into a package! Very very nice!

I'm glad it works for you and to see another Waba enthusiast -- but to
clarify, the Newton isn't really compiling .java source files into .class
files (though this could be possible if someone wanted to port a Java
compiler). WabaTester is taking already compiled .class or .jar files (from
elsewhere) and running immediately and/or wrapping in a Newton .pkg.

--
Steve
http://www.kagi.com/weyer/#Waba