[NTLK] Palm Desk Top 2.6

From: David Golden (ikondave_at_charter.net)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 17:55:26 EST

Hello all -

I've perused the Newt FAQ's and the Hints section of This Old Newt with the
ultimate goal being to try and synch address and date information from the
Palm DeskTop 2.6 to my MP2100. I have both DateMan and MoreInfo currently
installed, but am not using either. I seem to recall that DateMan does not
sync with the Palm dates data. Can MoreInfo do so? For the near future, I
will continue to use my Visor to enter appointments, to do's and addresses,
but as I get back in to making greater utilization of my MP, I would like to
be able to at least check my calendar, etc, although it would be nice to be
able to enter new info in to my MP, sync it to the desktop and then place it
on my Visor. Is this doable?

  Frankly, the more I use my Visor the more I'd like to switch back to full
time Newton use, and go back to using a cell phone linked by a cable to my
MP for email and trade in my VisorPhone. The recent availability of so many
high quality Newtons at such low prices ( coupled with the recent price
reductions in Newton apps ), gives me greater confidence that I can
stockpile what I need to keep at least one Newton fully functional for a
long time to come.

Dave