Re: [NTLK] backlight

From: IMNewtMan_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 12:56:33 EST

I have a universal remote that uses the EL(Indiglo) panels for backlighting and it allows two different lighting levels. I also camp/backpack a bit and have a light that uses the EL panels. This light comes in a few different configurations with different brightness levels. The website for the lights had statistics on the life of the units and the higher output lights did not last as long. (read - EL panels fail sooner)
So, there must be a way to do it but it will "use-up" you backlight faster.

Tom