Re: [NTLK] backlight

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 16:43:56 EST

Am 11.3.2002 18:56 Uhr schrieb "IMNewtMan_at_aol.com" unter
<IMNewtMan_at_aol.com>:
> So, there must be a way to do it but it will "use-up" you backlight faster.
In fact I've already seen how bright a MP2100 BL can be. As I connected my
Newton to a 12V AC adaptor the backlight became suddenly much brighter but I
didn't realise that something is wrong and didn't unplug the wrong adaptor.
That killed finally the motherboard :-((

However, changing the amplitude of the BL is certainly easy. There is a free
running oscillator (two Newtons have for sure a different BL hum) and it is
probably possible to adjust the amplitude by changing some resistors only.

I've ordered white BL kits and will have a look into that topic as soon as
they arrived in my letterbox. Customs operations are so sloooooow :-((

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG