Re: [NTLK] New to Newton

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 15:58:08 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 3/12/02 3:30 PM, the entity known as Jon Glass
at jonglass_at_mac.com conveyed the following:

> on 3/12/02 5:08 PM, Eric L. Strobel at fyzycyst_at_comcast.net wrote:
>
>> Thanks, but I don't do Windows. I suppose if there were a good way to
>> export/import selected items between the Claris/Palm Organizer format and
>> the DayTimer s/w, then I could get some sort of information flow working.
>> But that seems like way too much work.
>
> Why doesn't exporting the DayTimer software file to a text file work? Have
> you tried it? For that, you could do a weekly export to keep the newt
> "synced" with the desktop. (Add new names only in the notepad, and add them
> to the DayTimer software.) You can arrange custom fields in NCU, and even
> save the settings. Have you tried this, or is it "too much work" also. :-)

I guess I'll have to look at it all again. All I've ever done is backups
and a few times exporting a note to RTF. The custom fields thing is news to
me. It always just looked to me that Organizer was the only format that NCU
supported. I'll have to go back and RTFM again to see what else I missed.

(If I understand correctly, you're saying that I just have to spit the ASCII
file out of DayTimer and I can then teach NCU what each column is.
Correct?)

- Eric.