Re: [NTLK] 3AM stroll

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 14:39:07 EST

On 13/03/02 14:21, "speedy2" <speedy2_at_dag.net> wrote:

> Well, my Newton does wake up @ 3AM to do it's housekeeping (as documented
> in the FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIC4).
>
> However, last night I left the AC cord plugged-in and in my prefs I have
> it setup such that the Newton doesn't sleep if AC is plugged in. Well at
> 3AM it turned on(it was off previously), but after 20 mins, it was still
> on! I had to turn it off myself.
>
> I'd like to leave my prefs as they are, but I don't want my Newton up and
> about without my permission. Any suggestions? Seems like a silly oversight
> on Apple's part.

Hmmm, I don't understand. You're clearly saying that you left the AC cord
plugged-in, and that you set it up such that it wouldn't go to sleep if AC
is plugged in. That's exactly what it's doing. You won't be able to prevent
it from waking up at 3:00am, though. So, I would suggest you change your
pref when it's plugged in so that it will go to sleep after some delay.

-Laurent.

CLM /C-L-M/: [Sun: `Career Limiting Move'] 1. n. An action endangering one's
future prospects of getting plum projects and raises, and possibly one's
job: "His Halloween costume was a parody of his manager. He won the prize
for `best CLM'." 2. adj. Denotes extreme severity of a bug, discovered by a
customer and obviously missed earlier because of poor testing: "That's a CLM
bug!"