[NTLK] PCBman & SER-001/2

From: Scott Thomsen (scott_at_thomsen.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 14:42:53 EST

I would like to put in a plug for PCBman(David Humphreys) and his
great product.

My dongle stopped working almost a year ago. It seems that my
connector had gone bad. About the same time PCBman came out with his
SER-001. I was one of the first users. It allowed me to connect to my
newton again. I put my dongle for sale up on ebay and I was a happy
camper. Nine months later I started having trouble connecting. I
pulled the back off to check things out. The connector on the SER-001
had come loose. I contacted David Humphreys hoping he would help me
out. He went far beyond my expectations. He replaced the faulty board
with the next rev of his product. It works great and I can connect to
my Newton again. I have been using my Newton for almost 5 years now
and hope to be using it for many years to come. It is people like
David and all the people on Newtontalk that keep this great platform
alive. Thanks again.

SCott