Re: [NTLK] RTF export/import and Newtworks...

From: Darl Singh (darl_at_xpress.net.nz)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 16:46:03 EST

I had a lot of problems with making books until I discovered that - RTF or
not - word was still inserting 'smart quotes' etc etc into the text.
Under 'tools-options-save' (Word 97), disable 'embed true type fonts' - I've
also disabled everything under 'compatibility options'.
Also 'Tools-Autocorrect-Autoformat as you type" - disable 'replace straight
quotes with smart quotes'.

Sushi's (?) idea of using an earlier version of Word is a good one - issue
on my (Win 98) box however is the 2 don't like playing together.....I've set
up an old 486 sx25/win-3.11/word ?5 (I think) for just this purpose - works
very well indeed.

At least disabling the 'smart stuff' (hah!) may help you with your issue...

HTH
-D