Re: [NTLK] pcmcia ata HDrives

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 19:12:05 EST

I tried a PCMCIA type 3 hard drive with my eMate. It was about 260 MB. It
worked ok for about 5 or 10 minutes. I set up a 4MB partition, copied some
packages to it, ran the packages, and so on.

Then the eMate crashed with an error (I think it was #4). After some
further experimentation, I am pretty sure the error was not related to the
ATA driver, but rather, a power error. I think the PCMCIA hard drive was
drawing more power than the eMate could provide.

There was no problem with speed though.

-Stephanie

http://www.maksystems.com/newton/