Re: [NTLK] pcmcia ata HDrives

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 07:14:37 EST

Am 17.3.2002 1:12 Uhr schrieb "Stephanie Maks" unter
<newton_at_maksystems.com>:
> Then the eMate crashed with an error (I think it was #4). After some
> further experimentation, I am pretty sure the error was not related to the
> ATA driver, but rather, a power error. I think the PCMCIA hard drive was
> drawing more power than the eMate could provide.
Could you have a look or maybe even measure the current consumption? Using
Avi's BD I found the 2-port hub of my Farallon PN895 ethernet card a real
dog in view of current consumption: 500mA. But the MP2k1 didn't stop to
deliver this current for more then 15min nor did I got an error msg.
Maybe the eMate has a smaller current budget for the cards because it got
only one PCMCIA slot? Did your eMate survive and come back to normal
operation after a certain (cooling down) time?

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG