Re: [NTLK] Affiliate in Names; How do you use them?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 13:24:05 EST

on 3/19/02 2:58 PM, Marco Mailand at Newton2k1_at_mac.com wrote:

> Personally I find affiliates useless because you can not store to each one
> the phone extension number. I like more the PowerLinks from MoreInfo and
> have for each real person a single card as well as for each company. Inside
> the company I see then only links to the persons and on tapping onto the
> link I can jump to that card. The group item in Names would give similar
> features but only if all group members have fax numbers and/or e-mail
> addresses, which is quite limiting. With MI PowerLinks you can also link
> notes, dates or e-mails to names, which is what's needed.

There is also the free Hypernames by Iambic. It does basically the same
thing.

However, as for affiliates, I used to think it was a waste, until I started
wanting to add spouse names, and childrens' names, and suddenly it became
invaluable. I don't use it for most names, but when I need it, I really need
it (I'm terrible about remembering names). :-)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

'A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." -- Samuel Adams