[NTLK] Using UnixNPI at 230400bps?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 08:28:23 EST

I'm just sending this out to see if anyone is successfully using UnixNPI
at 230400bps. I don't think that anyone is or can because...

-the number 230400 is over four bytes in hex. The variable in UnixNPI
where the speed is stored is currently declared as an int, which is
usually four bytes. So trying to store a number that's too large will
result in an undefined value. Trying to specify 230400 as a speed on the
command line makes UnixNPI spit out a general connection error.

-even after I changed this variable to a long and recompiled (with Cygwin
on Windows 2000), it still didn't work. Same connection error

-I looked at the termios.h header file that comes with Cygwin. It doesn't
have any definition for 230400. So I added one using the same flags as
256000, which was defined. Recompiled, and hey, whaddya know, it works.

And so I've uploaded this pre-built Win32 executable to the UnixNPI site.
But I'm just wondering if any other termios.h files will handle this or
if it's just a silliness of Cygwin. Any experiences out there?