[NTLK] 32MB card problem?

From: Eric Byrne (ericbyrne_at_eircom.net)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 17:24:21 EST

Hello list,
I recently purchased some 32MB cards, the ones with the Northstar programme
on them.
One of the cards, when inserted into the Newton, popped up a message that
the card appeared to be new and did I wish to erase and format it?
Of course when I tapped the select button to confirm this an error message
resulted (14??? I think).
Anyway I inserted the card with the preferences slip open on the Newton and
it produced a message saying that this is a way of erasing damaged cards.
It worked and the card seems to work fine, but should I worry about this
cards reliability long term? (considering the Newton's message about erasing
DAMAGED cards)
Any thoughts about this would be appreciated,
regards,
Eric Byrne