Re: [NTLK] 32MB card problem?

From: Sanford Barton (sanford.barton_at_mincom.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 18:19:36 EST

I wonder if there isn't something wrong with the 32mb cards that are
becoming available. I've been using one for about a month now, and have had
2 strange data corruption issues which required a Brain Wipe and reformat of
the card.

Today, I was playing Yatcy and started a new game. The application came
back with a 14xxx error. Closing the app and restarting came back with
the same error. Tried a reset, then relaunching it...same error. Tried
deleting it and all stores, then reinstalled..same error. Finally, I broke
down and reformated the card and started restoring from a backup. Well, the
backup wouldn't restore. It got partway and just quit after kicking me out
of NCU. Some things got restored, but most didn't. When I get home, I'm
going to do a Brain Wipe and try a full restore of both internal and the
card. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to do.

I was toying around with just getting a 32mb ATA flash card (since they're
so cheap now) and using the beta ATA driver, but apparently it's not
available anymore for download until RC1 comes out?

Bart