Re: [NTLK] Newton Stopped Working

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 02:28:07 EST

> yes I tried that. I have left it unplugged for a day with the battery out
> then plugged it in still without the battery. Wouldn't turn on. Tried to
> recharge it, that didn't work. Tried to reset it, taht didn't work
This speaks for a broken wire in the AC adaptor, may be combined with any
other weirdness like a bad or died battery/accu or defective battery
contacts. It might also be that the battery or accu doesn't slides fully
into the Newton because the snap-in nose has been deformed. Then the contact
force onto the battery contacts is simply to small. I think it is a
unfortune constellation of bad things, especially if nothing else happend
from your side (not dropped on the floor, no overvoltage applied, not
soldered inside and the like :-)

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand