Re: [NTLK] IPOD Gets "Newtonized"

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 14:21:28 EST

> Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:00:36 -0500
> Subject: [NTLK] IPOD Gets "Newtonized"
> From: David Abramowitz <underdog_at_erols.com>
>

> http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/ipodsoftwareupdater.html

I have to admit that I am much more excited about the sound improvements
than the vCards.
The iPod no longer whines, there are no more dropouts... just as it should
have been out of the box, and I can listen to Patricia Barber without
distractions :). The only obvious playback-issue remaining is the little
"pop" sound in between songs. Maybe that should stay, it adds nostalgica,
sounds like self-recorded audiotape.
(Anybody who feels like giving me a Grado RS-1 - just go ahead! ;))

The vCards are a nice feature, but I've got Newton! Once I get myself to
hack my contacts into OSX I will export them to the iPod for sure, I just do
not see me doing it very soon.

The good thing: Many many people moaned and complained that they wanted the
Contacs feature, same for the EQ. And Apple did it. Let us start to complain
that we want the 12"iBook with a touchscreen, and once we get it, let us
start to cpmplain that we want it without the keyboard part.

Oliver :)

--
"Never ask a man what sort of computer he drives. If it's a Mac,
he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?" -Tom Clancy