Re: [NTLK] IPOD Gets "Newtonized"

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 10:08:32 EST

> moaned and complained that they wanted the
> Contacs feature, same for the EQ. And Apple did it. Let us start to
> complain
> that we want the 12"iBook with a touchscreen, and once we get it, let us
> start to cpmplain that we want it without the keyboard part.

   Well, my 2 bits, what I'd like is an iBook with a touchscreen and a
screen that could *be flipped around*. It lookes like the book cover
latch could probably be designed so that it could "roll" the the way too
(maybe by just cutting some slots in appropriate places in the case).
Then it would become like a slate, AND a laptop at once.

  What I want in the iPod next is a touchscreen, a bigger screen
(although that would mess with the scrolll wheel thingee, which IS nice
for the primary function as a player), and then for Apple to release a
COMPLETE set of development APIs to use with Pixo. I wouldn't care if
they sold it even, just that they had a $100-400 deal for Student ADC
members, perhaps like CW Academic (can't be used to make for-profit
software aside from shareware) Then I'll be happy.. Although sources
for NTK, NCU, the Packer if not the ArmCPP tool (licensing issues there
though..),the full Dock protocol, and how to access QD, Inker, Sound
in/out and perhaps a few other specifics about the Newton would be nice
for all of us.

Jim