Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #236

From: doppler (doppler_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 08:33:46 EST

i use the newt as a phone with the nokia cardphone. it takes up a slot and
requires a headset, but i have no problems taking notes or opening
applications during a call. its quite handy, actually. what is not so handy
is that the newt switches itself off in the pocket. there is yet no way to
set the phone card to receive mode while the newt is sleeping AFAIK, but a
normal accu-pak lasts about a day.

i have a twin SIM card for the newton, but since you cant receive calls with
a twin SIM, i actually need to use the primary SIM card if i want to use the
newt as a real substutute for the cell phone i use normally. what irritates
me a bit, is that its relatively difficult (well, if you compare to a cell
phone) to pick someone from your address book. i normally use the newton
"assist" application, or pick from the list of recent calls.

i regret that stefan auweiler decided not to integrate newtSMS to calls
application, since i got the cardphone, i started to realise how useful this
built-in application really is.

i have made an FAQ for the nokia card phone, i think it is soon time to
publish it. i will get back to NTLK with the announcement in a couple of
weeks, i just need to make a couple of adjustments.

regards,

                      roman pixell

_________karmatic_experience_group__

         mailto: roman_at_karmatic.com
         phone: +46 (0) 8 643 83 00
         fax: +46 (0) 8 598 14 954
         cell: +46 (0) 709 10 35 51
         web: www.pixell.net/doppler
         icq user number: 3698764

"newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net" <mailto:newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net> wrote the
following on 2002-03-21 17.54: