Re: [NTLK] `MoreInfo Purchase

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 09:50:54 EST

On 22/03/02 04:38, "Marco Mailand" <Newton2k1_at_mac.com> wrote:

>> I've never been a big fan of extensions that start adding all kind of crap
>> to the standard soups because, over the years, I've read too often people
>> having problems with exceptions (-48xxx) when trying to access data.
> But, Laurent, nearly every small extension adds slots to soups. The only
> thing against this is a right spring cleaning and deleting the crap by hand.
> MoreInfo is one of the most useful and also very stable extensions I've got
> on my Newton since years. And it works also on e.g. a MP130.

Since 1993, I've been using my Newton in a pretty vanilla way. No extension
to Names, Dates or anything. I've got the '61 fix and SleepAid, but that's
pretty much it. I'm sure a lot of you would find using my Newton pretty
boring...

-Laurent.

CLM /C-L-M/: [Sun: `Career Limiting Move'] 1. n. An action endangering one's
future prospects of getting plum projects and raises, and possibly one's
job: "His Halloween costume was a parody of his manager. He won the prize
for `best CLM'." 2. adj. Denotes extreme severity of a bug, discovered by a
customer and obviously missed earlier because of poor testing: "That's a CLM
bug!"