Re: [NTLK] NIE 2.0 Full Install: Where'd Ethernet Go?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 00:04:53 EST

on 22/03/02 17:39, Cube-o-tron at spilk_at_mac.com wrote:

> Hi All,
> All seven NIE 2.0 packages including the Ethernet Module and Newton
> Devices packages are installed. Proof of their presence is all 7 icons
> in my MP 2100.
> But LocalTalk, Modem, and Serial are the only choices showing in
> Internet Setup. My reading and searches have shed no light on the
> subject of the missing Ethernet option in Internet Setup. Can anyone
> here tell me the error of my ways? TIA!

Sorry, but there must be something missing. Are you sure you did install
*ALL* of them on the internal store?

-Laurent.

Brooks's Law prov.: "Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later" -- a result of the fact that the expected advantage from splitting development work among N programmers is O(N) (that is, proportional to N), but the complexity and communications cost associated with coordinating and then merging their work is O(N^2) (that is, proportional to the square of N). The quote is from Fred Brooks, a manager of IBM's OS/360 project and author of "The Mythical Man-Month" (Addison-Wesley, 1975, ISBN 0-201-00650-2), an excellent early book on software engineering.