Re: [NTLK] Keyboard

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 10:46:56 EST

>On 3/27/02 @ 0:28, Victor Rehorst wrote:
>>
>>On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Sushi wrote:
>>
>> Doing the following steps:
>> - Turn Newt on
>> - Start Notes
>> - Select NEW note
>> - Turn Newt off
>> - Connect keyboard
>> Newt automatically starts
>
>This happens whenever you plug in the dongle. Was the
>keyboard plugged into the dongle *before* you plugged
>the dongle into the Newt?

Yes, the keyboard was plugged into the dongle.

BTW, I always leave mine that way so I don't loose the dongle.

>What if you leave it plugged in, then turn the NEwt off and on again?

I can keep typing. The text is entered where the insertion point was
when I turned it off.

>It should make no difference whatsoever what apps are running.

If you are infering that if a insertion point (carat) is present, then
yes I agree.

However, not all apps automatically have an insertion point (carat). On
those, you have to manually select an insertion point, which then a carat
appears, before you can type in characters.

>Because Works doesn't support HWR out of the box.

Ok, I see.

Sushi