Re: [NTLK] Got a question? Check the FAQ (or somewhere else) - Anywhere other than here.

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 22:12:03 EST

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 3/27/02 5:48 PM, the entity known
as James Lopez transmitted the following from jimmlop_at_mac.com:

> Ummm, He's not the only one...
>
> I've kinda quit posting cuz I thought a couple of responses to my
> questions were kinda telling me "look elsewhere dummy" ...I even
> composed an email to explain myself and apologize for my
> stupidity...then I thought twice and didn't send.
>
> Now I just kinda lurk..fraid someone will yell at me...
>
> I know boo hoo hoo.

Well, there is a fine line between people talking down to others and simply
instructing someone on how to grow in knowledge by giving them the resources
to solve their own problems.

I'd say that those asking questions shouldn't take it personally if they get
told to "go look it up", because I suspect most folk that give such advice
really mean it in the positive sense of "teach someone to fish and you feed
them for a lifetime".

- Eric.