Re: [NTLK] Got a question? Check the FAQ (or somewhere else) - Anywhere other than here.

From: Judy Perry (jperryl_at_ecs.fullerton.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 15:56:52 EST

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Eric L. Strobel wrote:

> I think the only thing that REALLY was wrong was that someone got overly
> sensitive about the subject line of the monthly FAQ reminder. If the "(or
> somewhere else)" were changed to "(or these other sources)", then this whole
> thread might never have gotten going.

But, surely you can see that it is easy to do (get overly sensitive) when
the monthly "Read the FAQ" is sent (I didn't know, for example, that it
had a deliberate frequency) especially if it happens shortly after you,
the clueless newbie, have just posted your first tentative plea for help
(indeed, I had thought that one such monthly posting all but had my name
on it).

I'm not saying that anyone intended to make people feel this way, only
that, in some cases, that it is the predictable response.

Judy Perry