Re: [NTLK] Got a question? Check the FAQ (or somewhere else) - Anywhere other than here.

From: bettyy_at_earthlink.net
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 02:21:58 EST

It sounds like there are two issues here. The first is the periodic FAQ
email that some people take personally - and I don't mean that in a bad
way, just that some people feel that the email was directed at them. I'm
on another list that sends a periodic email and that one is always prefaced
with "This is a monthly reminder of ..." Perhaps the FAQ email can have
something similar so that new subscribers don't feel like Victor is
attacking them.

The second issue is some of the responses that direct the questioner to the
FAQ, RTM, or google. I've been on this list since 1997 and rarely ask
questions because I prefer to learn from others. I read almost all my
email on the Newton and delete as I go so it's difficult for me to take
advantage of responses that are URLs. However, after five years on this
list, I think I know all the responses that are being referred to the FAQ
so I'm not too disturbed. However, I'm sure that newcomers may be taken
aback to be sent elsewhere after they think they've found heaven. I try to
answer questions that I know the answer to, but, since I download my email
in bulk, by the time I connect again to the internet, someone has probably
answered the question.

Thanks to everyone for their continued participation on this list and
allowed me to learn all that I have!

Betty
mailto:bettyy_at_earthlink.net