Re: [NTLK] Package install directly via web (UNNA vs. Avi)

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 15:39:35 EDT

This is a known issue with the UNNA site. I think it
has something to do with the MIME. I run my server
(Windows 2k, IIS5.0 as if you didn't already know) and
PKGs download fine! (see my SIG for details)
If you're going to set up your own site you will want
to make sure that the MIME is set correctly for PKG
download:
Associated extension = .PKG
Content Type (MIME) =
application/x-newton-compatible-pkg
You'll need to put this in your .htaccess or whatever
it is you're running that takes care of MIMES.
I hope this works for you.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Michael 'Mickey' Sattler
<michael_at_NOSPAM.GeekTimes.com> wrote:

<snip>
> What is UNNA doing wrong that Avi is doing right?
> Can I simulate it
> here, making my own mini web-site so I can serve my
> Newton the files
> it so desperately wants? (I'm running Mac OS X, so I
> have complete
> control over my Apache web server. All I need is a
> swift kick in the
> clue department.)
>
> --
> Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times