Re: [NTLK] eMac, eMate, are we getting somewhere?

From: Seth Hurwitz (shurwit1_at_jhmi.edu)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 08:04:47 EDT

This is ancient history (the late '80s) but the small liberal arts
college I attended recommended everyone buy Macs and there was a nice
discount. My friend who started a year earlier bought a Mac 128 and just
before I graduated I bought a Plus (I still have found memories of this
nice little computer). Unfortunately (for my friend?), he is now a PC
guy. Constantly complaining of problems but seems to consider Macs too
artsy or something. He is also a Palm user and incredibly dubious of my
Newton. I think his main position on Apple stuff is if Macs and Newtons
are so great, why isn't everyone using them?

>>> cjohns_at_mac.com 05/01/02 05:34PM >>>

My daughter starts college this fall. The entire campus and all of the
dorm
rooms are wired for internet access. The notice we received was that
all
students must bring or immediately after arriving buy a computer, and
that
either a mac or pc would be fine (meeting certain specs). However, all
students majoring in the arts, music or journalism "must" have a mac.
No
mention of any of the majors requiring a pc. She'll be taking her
blueberry
iMac with her. Maybe for Christmas she'll buy me photoshop at a
student
discount. :)
-Chet