[NTLK] OT: RE: Opening packages on PCs/Macs

From: Gerstein, Sam (Sam.Gerstein_at_Streamserve.Com)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 16:45:05 EDT

Hey, Ed, you're giving those Mac people more fodder for their anti-windows
propaganda! This is actually _one_ thing that Windows does really well
(starting with 2K). You don't have to hold down shift (in fact, there are
never any modifiers on the right button). And even better (yeah, it
requires being a power user) you can configure your own actions on any file
type (and set a default). As an example, the actions I have on MP3 files
are "Play" and "Enqueue", with Play being the default. Now if OS X 10.2 has
that sort of functionality as *well* as resource fork info allowing you to
set a specific file's (not type's) behavior.. that'd be sweet. :)

-Sam