Re: [NTLK] eMac, eMate, are we getting somewhere?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 12:22:25 EDT

on 5/2/02 10:11 PM, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Actually...on the PC side, if you know that it's a
> picture, then all you gotta do is right-click on the
> file while holding down the shift key and select "open
> with". then you get a listing of all the registered
> applications on the machine. You choose the
> application you want to open that file with and it
> will open. From then on, that application will be
> available to you whenever you open a file with that
> same extension!

If you are a web/gadget guru, that is. If you are not, then you likely don't
know that you can do this. I have friends who have used Windows-based
computers for years, and every time we talk about something, I'm suggesting
ways they can do things that astound them. They didn't know they could do
that!! Drag & Drop is one of them, the right-click is another trick. BTW, I
use a Mac, and I seem to be better informed on how Windows works than they
are. :-) (I have never owned a Windows-capable computer, leaving DOS at
version 5.x and the DOSSHELL--which I loved, btw.) :-)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland