Re: [NTLK] Problem with Calendar Folders

From: Martin Jean (martinjean_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 13:40:51 EDT

Thank you John.

I have already installed newtToDo and am testing it. I have some =
concerns=20
since I found that the listed todos are not always related to folder=20
chosen. I have to further test it to describe precisely the problem (if=20=

any).

Calendar Folders seems to be a more elegant solution (if it works!) =
since=20
it adds functionality to built-in applications rather than adding a new=20=

software (with its own interface).

I have also installed MoreInfo (as suggested some times ago by Laurent). =
I=20
am not sure I want it. It is very powerfull but, for now, I try to keep=20=

the Newt very simple. The buit-in applications are adequate for my needs=20=

except the fact that I need folders for todos.

Any suggestions would be nice!

P.S. I am trying to implement the "Getting Things Done" method (proposed=20=

by David Allen) on the Newt. If someone have tried it, I would like to=20=

discuss it.

Martin

Le Mercredi 8 mai 2002, =E0 01:21 , John Goggan a =E9crit :

> Martin Jean wrote:
>> I have downloaded Calendar Folders for NewtonOS (from Standalone) in
>> order to try it. I would like to be able to assign a folder to To Do
>> tasks.
>
> Well, I haven't used Calendar Folders, so I can't answer your =
question,=20
> but I
> just wanted to say that I recently started using newtToDo from =
Foundation
> Systems (www.tow.com) and I must say that I am quite happy with it. =
It=20
> allows
> folder-assigned to-do tasks and then has some great overview options =
for=20
> how
> you want things displayed.
>
> As an added bonus, it is also free!
>
> You might want to check it out also if you are looking for a good =
to-do=20
> tool.
>
> - John...
>
> --