Re: [NTLK] Newton problem

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 02:23:30 EDT

on 16/05/02 01:16, Luke Petschauer at luke.petschauer.04_at_mckenna.edu wrote:

> Thanks for the input. Can you point me to a website that will show me where
> the ROM card is inside the machine? I opened the guy up tonight (that was a
> chore) and didn't see anything that was obviously loose...A Google search
> didn't come up with any websites that helped, either.
>
> Thanks again for the help.
>
> -Luke
>
> On 15.5.02 8:19 PM, "Laurent Daudelin" wrote:
>

>> on 15/05/02 21:25, Victor Rehorst at victor_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 15 May 2002, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>>> This morning I couldn't remember, but now I think I do: doesn't the
>>> flashing usually mean the ROM card needs to be reseated?
>>
>> You know what, Victor? Now that you're mentioning this, I think you're
>> right. I kinda remember somebody mentioning something like that.
>>
>> -Laurent.

I'm not sure of any site that will clearly show you where the RAM card is,
unfortunately...

I'm sure someone will chime in with some suggestions, though...

-Laurent.

elephantine adj.: Used of programs or systems that are both conspicuous hogs (owing perhaps to poor design founded on brute force and ignorance) and exceedingly hairy in source form. An elephantine program may be functional and even friendly, but (as in the old joke about being in bed with an elephant) it's tough to have around all the same (and, like a pachyderm, difficult to maintain). In extreme cases, hackers have been known to make trumpeting sounds or perform expressive proboscatory mime at the mention of the offending program. Usage: semi-humorous. Compare `has the elephant nature' and the somewhat more pejorative monstrosity. See also second-system effect and baroque.