Re: [NTLK] nokia cardphone and newton

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 12:15:04 EDT

on 23.05.2002 18:00 Uhr, aaron tester at desktop_at_lavalink.com.au wrote:

> aside from that, i have a question about the nokia cardphone and how it
> works in the newton. i have been thinking about getting one (for sms - not
> really interested in it for calls). the newt has to be on all the time for
> the cardphone to receive sms right? if so, this hardly seems practical. is
> anybody using their cardphone this way (mostly for sms)? how do you find it?

Yes the Newton has to be on to receive SMS messages. This is not too much of
an issue as the message centre should hold messages that it cannot deliver
for a while (a couple of days, at least, I believe) and then deliver them
when you are next on-air.

Based on my limited testing (including sending and receiving a few SMS
messages), NewtSMS+ seems to be a reasonable way of managing your SMS
messages but see my previous comments.

Regards,

Simon