Re: [NTLK] [OT][long] Airport Lans and XP

From: Chet Johns (cjohns_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 00:13:04 EDT

All I can add is that I'm still working on it. A friend of mine, a real PC
guru, suggests that TCP/IP as needed for airport connectivity is not
natively loaded in Windows XP and that it must be loaded from disk. He
reports he has heard of no problems with Windows 2000 and Airport
connectivity. My wife has a toshiba, the only pc in a house of macs and I'm
using the D-link card in an attempt to get her pc online. It can find the
airport station ok, but I can't get it to connect with the internet (cable
internet) through airport. I haven't had time to play much with it recently
and have requested my wife continue to use her clamshell ibook for now. I've
already searched the internet and there are multiple reports that it can be
done and even suggestions that airport is a better bargain for pc users than
what else is available, but no clear cut instructions on how to do with with
XP. Best of luck. Be sure to post if you are successful.

-Chet Johns, MD (also)