[NTLK] MP 130 Backlight

From: Diana Oakley (dianajoakley_at_highstream.net)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 23:32:26 EDT

When I turned on my MP 130 yesterday the backlight came on, lit up for a
few seconds, flickered on and off a few times and then blinked off. I
tried holding the switch down to turn it on again, but the light did not
turn on. There was a slip that said the battery was low. I turned off
the Newt and plugged in the adapter. The backlight still did not come on.

Then a black shadowy mist started creeping diagonally from the lower
left corner of the screen - whether the adapter was plugged in or not.
It splayed out for about 1/2 inch. The back light was not on, could not
be turned on, but I can see the screen and adjust the contrast and read
any application that was on, slips, or whatever. I could see the screen
pulse - I don't know how to describe it technically - but I could see
the electricity running through the display in pulses.

After a reset, the screen stopped pulsing and after the battery was
recharged, the black mist seems to have stopped whether the Newt is
plugged in or not.

Is this a backlight blowout or a sign of more ominous things to come?

TIA,

Diana

--
  If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up space.

- - Joe Dunwoodie