Re: [NTLK] Syncing Palm Desktop to Claris Organizer?

From: Michael 'Mickey' Sattler (michael_at_GeekTimes.com)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 07:26:33 EDT

At 21:15 +1000 5/31/2002, Adrian Smith wrote:

>Which version of PD are you using?

4.0.

>I have a vague memory of being able to change the type/data codes on
>Palm Desktop user file and getting it to open in CO - but it was so
>long ago I might be imaginging it!

You know, that happens with age :-)

>Also, PD tends to keep the active user file in a locked/open state
>even when the app itself is not running - try saving a copy of the
>file (I think that is a menu option) and opening that in CO (after
>changing the TC codes).

I quit PD and copied the data file, and then tried to import. Didn't
change t/c codes.

But a "tab and return" export / import did the trick, and the data
are in CO, so I've moved on, but it still would be cool to have been
able to skip that step. Looked in the FAQ...

Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times   <mailto:michael_at_GeekTimes.com>
San Francisco, California, USA    <http://www.GeekTimes.com/michael/>

I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there. -- Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)