Re: [NTLK] Importing RTF file to NewtonWorks

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 00:25:53 EST

on 01/11/02 00:11, Michael Blazer at m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca wrote:
[snip!]
> Any tips on stabilizing the ethernet connection under Classic (on a TiBook
> 500)? Various functions like import, backup and install are choking (timing
> out?) on large files -- I never had these problems when I used OS8.6 on an
> old PPC7200. (which I would still use for Newting if my 7200's hard drive
> hadn't croaked.)

None that I'm aware of. What kind of network topology do you have?

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

choke v.: 1. [common] To reject input, often ungracefully. "NULs make System V's lpr(1) choke." "I tried building an EMACS binary to use X, but cpp(1) choked on all those #defines." See barf, gag, vi. 2. [MIT] More generally, to fail at any endeavor, but with some flair or bravado; the popular definition is "to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."