Re: [NTLK] Importing RTF file to NewtonWorks

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 02:03:04 EST

on 11/1/02 6:11 AM, Michael Blazer at m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca wrote:

> The basic problem is now cured. I ran the NCU installer, and reinstalled
> ONLY the "Intellilink" folder within the NCU folder. The fresh installation
> did not add any files that weren't there before, but I guess something must
> have been corrupted.

Argh. I forgot about this... What happened was that your Xtnd translator
list became corrupted, or outdated. You didn't need to do a complete
reinstall. All you had to do was open your preferences folder (inside the
System folder) and find the file named "XTND Translator List" and drop it in
the trash, and then restart NCU. It would have rebuilt the XTND list, and
you would have been good to go. This used to be common knowledge several
years ago, but now that XTND has gone the way of the last century, Classic
Mac, serial, et al, we seem to be forgetting about it. (plus the fact that
NCU seems to be able to read text files without a translator confusing me)
It wasn't until you said what you said about the corrupt file that I
remembered. Sorry for coming late to this party...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland