Re: [NTLK] Seahorse PDA !

From: Travis (ferrit_at_oznet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 02:06:01 EST

Ed Kummel wrote:
> If I recall correctly, a company called Digital Ocean
> created Newtons that were "ruggedized". Two of them
> were called "The Tarpon" and "Seahorse
---cut---
> So, as far as price is concerned...for other than pure
> "Geek" factor, I couldn't see these things going for
> that much more than a standard 120/130...although the
> NIB may factor in extra bucks...Additionally, it will
> also depend on what "add-ons" you have...do you have
> the GSM or GPS modules? That would add greatly to
> their value...How about the extra battery and battery
> charger? These things had a special extra capacity
> battery. This made the newton quite large and bulky.
> Oh yeah...what color is the ruggedized boot?
> I believe that's all I remember about these
> things...While not exactly portable, they do have
> added geek factor, so who knows...someone might want
> to spend a little extra cash for a somewhat less
> popular Newton...
> Ed
> web/gadget guru

> --- Ted Ramsden <tramsden_at_shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>>Is anyone familiar with the SEAHORSE. I have 5
>>brandnew still sealed in
>>cartons and need to know what they are like and how
>>they are similar and
>>different to the Newton 2100 !
>>
>>Ted

Kick-butt 130s, I wanted one so bad when they came out. I think the only
thing a 130 could do that a Seahorse can't is IR printing. The cell
phone module is useless, but the wireless modem has a range of almost a
1/4 mile. The funky IR module is kinda cool. You need the AC
adaptor/charger to use it, it uses a nonstandard batt. pack. If it
doesn't have some really high collectable value, I might trade my spare
2100 for 2.
                Cool find,
                  Travis

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html