Re: [NTLK] OT OSX Dock; was Should I migrate to OSX.2

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 11:27:57 EST

On 01/11/02 10:58, "Mark Rollins" <mark_at_mrollins.com> wrote:
[snip!]
> Note to others it does not affect windows or icons nearby, just the dock's
> icons. I consider this to be one of the best UI features from OSX.
>
> Don't forget - the dock is based on our venerable Newt's ButtonBar, but to
> accommodate dozens and dozens of icons - of any type (app folder document)
> the magnification option allows you to easily pick something visually. Note
> it helps to group icons in certain areas of the dock
>
> You can use DockFun to set up custom docks with different apps and
> documents, depending on your work at the time.
>
> Plus, isn't it just the cutest thing when an app's dock icon jumps up and
> down to get your attention?!

Plus, you can adjust the amount of magnification...

-Laurent.

guru meditation n.: Amiga equivalent of `panic' in Unix (sometimes just
called a `guru' or `guru event'). When the system crashes, a cryptic message
of the form "GURU MEDITATION #XXXXXXXX.YYYYYYYY" may appear, indicating what
the problem was. An Amiga guru can figure things out from the numbers.
Sometimes a guru event must be followed by a Vulcan nerve pinch.