Re: [NTLK] A quiet observation

From: Troy V. Barkmeier (machead_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 13:13:45 EST

> The Newton development environment, NTK, won't run under Classic
>with OS X

IIRC, this broke with 10.1, and the issue has something to do with the
fact that NTK is hell-bent on pinging for a serial port at launch. I'd be
curious if any of those with KeySpan USB-Serial adapters have had any
better luck than the rest of us launching NTK in Classic under 10.1 or
greater.

Since the NTK source is not available AFAIK, we're probably out of luck.
This may be a case where those who have connections to the seamy
underside may want to check with their l33t kraxor friends; these folks
usually have no traditional programming skills, but they are masters at
being able to trap and disable calls for serial numbers and dongles at a
program's launch; it stands to reason that they could do the same for a
serial port call.

TVB

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html